Friday, March 4, 2011

Everyone Should Cloth Diaper








I may jinx myself by posting this, but today our little girl went pee-pee on the potty for the FIRST time.

She's been showing some interest lately, so we've been letting her explore the option. She's done some running freely around the house without a diaper on, put on her sister's big girl undies, and had a few accidents here and there (ask her daddy about the poop-on-the-foot incident).

We have not pushed it at all; but I think the trigger for her was when she wanted to be naked one night and only wear her winter boots. She ran off to the back of the house to play, while the rest of us were in the living room. All of the sudden we heard her running back to the living room; she was in a panic. In her own language; she told us she'd peed in her boots and proceeded to show us where the pee had also made it all the way down her leg, off her boots, and onto the bathroom floor (right in front of the toilet).

So, yesterday I went downstairs and got down her sister's training potty (seems like I just put it away). She thought it was the coolest thing and asked to be put on it about a million times in the last few days. Well, today was the day she decided to perform! I put her on the seat, went out to the garage, and came back in to find the most proud little girl! "Pee Pee in the Potty!"

The three of us did a pee-pee dance and song, cheered, clapped, and called Papa. She was so proud and couldn't wait to be wiped and sit down to try again.

The meaning of the title is for the inspiration cloth diapering serves for potty training babies. I was told (long ago) that cloth diapered kiddos train earlier than others. Our first was cloth diapered from about 18-23 months, and she was trained no later than 23 months. Now, this one is 19 months old and showing signs. I can only imagine why a 23 and 19 month old would be interested in going potty on the big-girl potty chair; wouldn't you, if you walked around with a cloth diaper on all day long?

If you haven't tried cloth diapering, I totally would recommend it.

1 comment: